An organic face mask is great to hydrate the skin or to nourish it and can be tailored-made depending on your skin type or skin condition. We have a few organic masks on our website but if you haven’t found the perfect one, here is a homemade face mask recipe that we hope you will love. This is suitable for dry skin and it will leave your skin extra soft, hydrated and firm. We only use organic and natural ingredients resulting in a chemical-free face mask.
Homemade face mask recipe
Here is what you need:
– rye flour (for binding purposes). You can also use oatmeal or rice flour.
– Rose water: Rose water is soothing for skin irritation, it is a natural anti-bacterial, has anti-aging properties and improves dry skin.
– Pure vitamin E oil: Vitamin E oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and it helps the skin retain its natural moisture.
– Apricot kernel oil: Apricot kernel oil is the best carrier oil for dry skin.
– evening primrose oil
– Rose essential oil: Rose essential oil was already praised in Egypt 3000 years ago as a beauty enhancer. It has anti-bacterial and tonic properties and is a very good oil to combat dry skin, aging skin and dull complexions.
– Chamomile essential oil: Chamomile essential oil is anti-inflammatory and is used on dry skin and even in case of acne, dermatitis, eczema, itchy skin.
– Geranium essential oil: Geranium essential oil re balances the skin and has cicatrisant properties while smelling great and being uplifting for the mind.
– Manuka honey: Manuka honey has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect. It is a great skin moisturizer that helps new skin layers to grow faster and is ideal for wound healing or scars. It kills all the bad skin bacteria.
Take 4 tea spoons of rye flour. Add 2 tea spoons of rose water and start mixing until you get a nice consistency that is not too liquid nor too hard, just perfect to apply on your face. Add a few drops of pure vitamin E oil, half a spoon of apricot kernel oil, half a spoon of evening primrose oil and 2 drops of rose essential oil, 2 drops of chamomile essential oil and 1 drop of geranium essential oil. You can add rye flour or rose water to obtain the right consistency and at the last minute, add a tea spoon of manuka honey.
Apply on a clean skin, leave the mask on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
This is a truly organic face mask that is easy to make while being very efficient to soothe the skin and nourish it.